Sunday, February 2, 2014

First Impression - Toukiden: The Age of Demons - PS Vita







 A  look at the top game for 2014 on the PS Vita.


The first few minutes of this game I was a little hesitant , I was sure this was just  another Monster Hunter clone. I was completely wrong about that- Toukiden: The Age of Demons is it's own crazy demon killing machine. Now with that said the game has some similar aspects to it. Set in an age when demons called "ONI" have been destroying mankind, your character is tasked with learning the many ways to kill. I could have completely used a couple Monster Hunter references but in this game it really like no other.


Watching the beautiful cut screens on my Vita completely blew me away. I've only had this machine for a month and I've played so many styles of games. So when I load up a new game I'm always surprised at how clear and beautiful the games are. From the menus to actually finding Raiden from Mortal Kombat, this game never looks bad. The whole time I was expecting some glitch to appear when a larger ONI would attack, through it never came. I guess I'm still getting used to the power of the Vita.

I found you Raiden

Like Pokemon... But less annoying


Taking the character creator for spin I chose a different type of weapon I'm not use to using in any game. I went with the slow yet powerful gauntlets, it seems I have a new form of patience I never knew about. When the game does come out I will be using a more traditional in game weapon. Controlling the gauntlets were instantly pleasing and easy to use, at no point did I feel like the game was bogged down because of my choice.

This was a great chance to play the top selling Vita game of 2013, I just keep counting down the days until I can finally hold this game in my hands. Once that happens I can finish a review of this title. I found so many cool features I can't wait to spoil them all. Now i'm always looking for people to play with so add me @davidyerion or PSN- davidyerion1 .






No comments: