Sunday, July 27, 2014

Destiny Beta- My Thoughts


With a release date of September 9th fast approaching game developer Bungie made a great business decision, Releasing a beta version of the Destiny to gamers and that pre-ordered the game( then making it open to all). I was hesitant at first when I originally had heard about the game that Bungie was making. Being the makers of the original Halo, it was hard to see them make anything else worth playing again. Destiny even in the beta form is something every gamer needs to see.










Starting out in this Mass Effect like space adventure players will be introduced to the type of Guardian they want to be. Picking from Titan, Warlock, or Hunter the player will then pick the race. I picked the Warlock and that was something I never pick, the magic type users are not my style of gameplay. But my wife picked it and I really feel in love with that Guardian. In reality I completely feel in love with this whole game. From the music in the levels to the damn respawn restricted areas. Those little things really made the game an amazing experience for me.



 The Guardian creation is extremely simple to use and it does give the game a great starting feel to it. The gameplay never truly feels bogged down. Now with most shooters it could take a few hours to get a feel for the controls of that new game. With Destiny it was only in the first few moments of the game that I felt like I was completely at home with it.

Destiny brings a whole new world to our door step. Deeply mixing the shooters we all love, RPG’s, and more into one of the most solid games I have ever played. This game is just a few months away, which makes this beta so critical to the developer.  With the release of Battlefield 4 gamers witnessed a buggy version of a great game that needed more time before it was released. Giving the beta to everyone to try across all console ( Sorry WiiU) was the smartest moves Bungie could do, with a huge amount of fait behind their game they took a huge risk. Yet for me I really feel like it will pay off for them in the end.



Now even if a player didn’t pre-order Destiny they can get codes from others in the beta, that was until the beta was opened to the public. That moment when that new player will enter into this amazing world is going to add another notch to Bungie’s belt.  Sadly the beta will end on the 28th of July - I really don't feel like waiting to continue my journey. 

Destiny will be released on September 9th for the Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, and PS4. Hopefully every gamer will get a chance to witness this future classic. So if your have any questions or comments in the beta send them to me @davidyerion.  





Links



Bungie.net
Destinythegame.com

No comments: