Sunday, August 31, 2014

Friday Night Videos- Favorite Handhelds

Today is the final day of Mobile Month. To end it I thought what better way then to play Disgaea 4 all day and post a little about my favorite handhelds of the past and present. So enjoy!







Present


 Playstation Vita/PSP

At one point before the release of the PSP I was really thinking about getting a loan from a bank. Well I actually did go to a bank and ask for a small personal loan. I was laughed out of the building. I knew then I had to have this underrated handheld.

Today I can happily say I still use my Vita everyday and I just can't get enough of it. Sure I would love some Bioshock or GTA 5, for now I will just enjoy some Rogue Legacy and Disgaea 4.







Nintendo 3DS


With a mix of Animal Crossing and Mario Golf I really have enjoyed this handheld. I know those are just two of the great games I have on the system- Pokemon Y, Yoshi, New Super Mario Bros 2, etc. I did have an original DS when it came out, yet I feel like this is the better version of the DS family.



Past

 GBA SP

How could one not love the portable and pocket friendly version of the Game Boy Advance. The battery life was the best out of any and the games were great. I do enjoy it to this day.





 Game Gear

The first colored handheld was a great time in my life. The only real problem was the huge amount of batteries it took to play the damn thing. But it was still great to have a portable Sonic when ever you wanted to play.










Game Boy


It was the first of it's kind. A great new way to play video games like Tetris and Legend of Zelda.
The battery consuming durable handheld is still one of the best things to happen to mobile gaming.



  





The Pain- Bonus


Virtual Boy

I remember the one time I did play this at Sears. It was set up and it had no line around it. I was so excited until I stopped playing. I can still feel the pain in my eyes when I finished, god that was something awful. Its not the end of the world that this crap never really became popular.

No comments: