Sunday, March 30, 2014

My Wife the Gaming God


So it's been a long and difficult road to get my wife to play games. When we started dating the she did get an Xbox and she played Halo. After a few months of this she just stopped and gave the system to me, I was playing Morrowind on it all the time. This was when I was 18 or 19 back in the early 2000's. For a brief period of time I thought she was the one and all that .




Well it didn't really work out in 2005-2006. I could tell you a long and boring story but in the end I stopped working at Gamestop ( Asst Manager) thinking it would win her back. NOPE. So I stopped gaming for about 6 months thinking that I didn't need it any more because it was something I needed to change in my life. I was so wrong about that whole idea.

Now I was happily playing games, working, and dating. I was about to have a little girl when my wife walked back into my life. At the time my daughters mom and I were only dating for a few months when she got pregnant.( Yes I picked my wife over her).

Now during the time away she started watching more and more shows that I would and actually started playing games on her own. It was a huge surprise to me. By this time I had the 360 and showed her Oblivion and Fable 2. Now that could be taken as a mistake since she has well over 1500 hours of time in both Oblivion and Skyrim. That amount of time is not both games together. So we come to present day.

We will be married for 3 years in august and together for 13 in January. Most of my life I have spent with her hoping she would share my interests in the gaming world. Today in one of those amazing rare moments she asked me to beat part of Dark Souls 2(175+hrs so far) for her because she wasted five hours and just couldn't beat it. I do get asked to do the dishes and garbage, it's normal. But I get those moments in life were I get to see her nerdy side and I know that I have an amazing wife. So if your out looking for a girl that you want to share your life with don't change everything for them. Eventually they will come around and become your best friend too.

No comments: