Thursday, May 15, 2014

Microsoft Changes it Tune

Changes...





Everything in the world does change over time, including countries and landscapes. For many people including me I never thought Microsoft would change some of their Live policies.




I along with all other Xbox Live users received an email this week stating that Microsoft has changed some it core polices dealing with what you pay for and what you do not need to pay for.

Set up just like PSN players that own Xbox Live can now watch all entertainment apps without the need for a Gold subscription. Since the system has had the use of apps players have been forced to pay two fees when using Netflix, Hulu Plus, and more.

"In June, we’re making Xbox Live Gold even better. Games with Gold will be coming to Xbox One, so a single Gold membership will get you free games on both Xbox One and Xbox 360. Plus, we’re introducing Deals with Gold for Xbox One which gives members exclusive discounts on games and content in the Xbox Store. With the most advanced multiplayer, Games with Gold, andDeals with Gold, Xbox Live Gold is better than ever. 

Also, coming in June, all Xbox 360 and Xbox One owners will get access to popular entertainment apps, like Netflix, YouTube, Machinima, and more on Xbox without needing an Xbox Live Gold membership*. This means that everyone can enjoy the amazing gaming, TV and entertainment experiences that Xbox has to offer, right out of the box."
So now the Games with Gold program will be coming to Xbox One owners in June. I personally just don't care. I have spent way to much money on a gold membership to use Netflix and Hulu Plus that the move to make it free to use leaves a bad taste in my mouth. So for now I will cancel my Live membership. I really don't play it that much during the summer- But I will need it once ESO comes to the Xbox. Hopefully the Games with Gold program will continue to get better, I know it had a bumpy start.

No comments: